Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another Round...

Well, I am back in the hospital. Low lung function and GI bleed again. I also have a blood clot in my left shoulder/neck area. They're hoping it will dissolve itself with the help of a warm pack since blood thinners are not an option at this time.
I am currently on O2 constantly as my sats drop into the low to mid 80s on room air. My heart rate has been pretty high, enough to make the nurses and doctor a little concerned. I did have PFTs on Monday which were slightly better than they were upon admission. 
I am being treated with four antibiotics, two IV and two oral. I'm also on continuous tube feedings with a protein bolus several times a day. I was on an insulin drip for a few days due to my body not responding well to insulin because of the rapid decline in PFTs. Other than that, there's not much new with my health or medical care.

I am so excited that in one month and three days, I will be 21! Not because I can go out drinking because I really don't find it all that fun, but because I have hit another milestone! Doctor told my parents I wouldn't see the age of 12 and I did. 16, I surpassed. 18, yeah I made it. Now, I will reach 21! I thank God everyday for giving me the will to fight, even when I felt hopeless. I also thank Him for giving me an INCREDIBLE support system to stand and fight with me when I feel too weak to do it on my own. 

Well, that's all the updates I have right now! I'll let you know if anything changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment