Monday, June 17, 2013

I Lost Count.... (And Started Counting Again!)

It's been a long few days for me. I've had a ton of lab draws. So far they've taken 24 tubes of blood and  still counting. They're testing for different things that could be the cause of all of my bleeding and clotting. I now have another blood clot in my left shoulder/neck area which the hematology doctors are kind of concerned about and want to put me on anticoagulation, but since my GI bleed has decided to become worse they can't do anything right now. 
I ended up needing another blood transfusion on Thursday night. My hemoglobin has been steadily dropping for the two days before. Tuesday I was 9.4, Wednesday I was 8.6, and Thursday morning I was 8.0. My ten o'clock labs included another check and at that time I dropped to 7.4. I've been pretty wiped out for the past few days. I am contributing most of that to being anemic. 
Friday, I am had yet another scope. My doctors thought that it may be helpful because I am bleeding more than I have in the past. They hoped to find something that will help them to figure out this bleeding issue. I don't even remember what number this one is. I have had so many scopes that I've lost count. The worst part of it all is getting the GoLYTELY while prepping for the scope. The YouTube video above is about a colonoscopy and GoLYTELY. I thought it was funny so I shared it. After my scope on Friday, I ended up having a really large bleed so I had another emergency scope to see if the bleed could be located. A small area that MAY be the cause of bleeding was found; however, the doctors have to wait to talk to IR (Interventional Radiology) to see if anything can be done about it from their involvement. So, hopefully, we will find out today! I also had a CT scan done on Saturday, which did not show anything different.
So far my lung function has been getting better. My PFTs show some good improvement, but it's hard because symptomatically, I don't feel much better. I am still on O2 about half the time. Usually at night and anytime I am up walking around. My sats run 93-95% on 2.5L.
Lately, I have been having low blood pressures. This is probably what is causing my lightheadedness and dizziness. My lowest so far has been 86/42 and that's while I was up in bed  after I had just come back from the bathroom. My highest recent BP was right after a vest treatment and that was only 101/56.
I have finally stopped running fevers. For a while I was having fevers daily, often times above 102. So, I am thankful that those have subsided.
My brother, Lucas, and I about 4-5 years ago. 

Other news: In a little less than a month, I will turn the BIG 21! Often times people are celebrating being able to buy and consume alcoholic beverages; however, for me, that is not the case! I will be celebrating because I have seen another birthday and I have hit another milestone. I am STILL kicking some CF ass! I will never let it beat me! And I will never give up because someday, I want a family. I want to have babies and be there to see them grow up.
My baby brother also just had his birthday, yesterday. So happy birthday, brother! I can't believe you are already 19! It's so weird to think that not so long ago we were racing your hot wheels cars down the kitchen floor. I really miss the times we used to share together.

I guess that is about all I have for you guys. I'll update again when I get anything new!


No comments:

Post a Comment