Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful For Days Like These :)

I am so thankful for days like these. These are days I don’t need to fret about where I put my rescue inhaler. These are days I can laugh without coughing until I vomit. I can walk up my four front steps without having to take a break. I am able to go to the store and not have to wait for a closer parking spot. These are the days I can play with my little sisters, days I can goof around with my brothers. I am not constantly thinking about where the nearest bathroom is just in case I need to throw up my lunch. On days like these, I don’t get people telling me I look tired or asking me if I need to sit down for a while. I don’t have strangers coming up to me asking if I need a cough drop or telling me I should stay home with a “cold like that.” I have energy and ambition to do things. I don’t wake up gasping for breath all night or wake up the entire household with my coughing fits. These are the days that I don't need to ask others for help. I don't have to worry about overdoing it.
So many people take so much for granted. Most don’t give a second thought to some of the things I think about every second. They don't have to force 4000 calories down their throat just to maintain their already low weight. They don’t need to think about where they’re going to do their next vest therapy when they’re out and about. The thought of having to take 50 plus pills everyday has never been through their mind. They don’t spend weeks or months in the hospital away from family, friends, and pets. And there’s no thought of IVs, oxygen, feeding tubes, needles, toxic medication, or surgery.
Life is beautiful. Enjoy it. Don’t take what you have for granted. Don’t ignore the blessings in your life. There are people who would do nearly anything to live a healthy life. These kinds of days are days that I don’t get to experience all that often, but even in the middle of a bad day, a rough week, or a difficult month I am still blessed to have amazing people in my life who care so much about me. Without them, I don’t know if I could keep such a positive outlook. Yes, I do have my negative moments, but someone always knows just what to say or do to help me pick myself back up, dust off the dirt, and get going again.
Being sick doesn’t have to control your life, but that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't have a bad day. Lord knows I have them more often than I'd like; however, it is the attitude that you have through these hard times that matters. Always remember blessings are greater than struggles. Be thankful for the good things in your life and pray for resolution for the difficult things.
I hope everyone has an amazing day today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment