Saturday, July 25, 2015

Life is Beautiful

Wow... time sure does fly! Its been a pretty amazing summer so far, other than spending a few weeks in the hospital for CF related things and a sad loss of my baby D.



Unfortunately, I lost my baby boy, Diesel to seizure several months ago... It was a very hard loss for myself as well as the rest of the family and Diesels brother, Mator. For days after Diesel was gone, Mator would search the house and stare out the window looking for his little brother. It was so heartbreaking to watch. Mator still perks up his ears whenever he hears D's name...

This last month after some of the hurt has faded, we made the choice to welcome a few new members to the family. We are now parents to a new puppy, Daisy. She is a beagle mix. And her sister, Nala, belongs to my mom. They are so fun, but I definitely forgot how much work having a new puppy is! They're about four months old now and have been doing quite well with potty training and are becoming masters at sitting and laying down. We are working on walking on a leash and introducing them to loud noises as both are terrified of the thunder when it storms.

We also adopted a Quaker Parrot named Pepper. Pepper came with a little parakeet friend named Monster. Since we've adopted them, we have been able to separate the two. We chose to do this because it was difficult to interact with either one when they were together. Monster (and his new girlfriend) is now being cared for by my brother, who LOVES them. Pepper  just a hoot to watch and interact with! She knows how to kiss and she can say hello, pretty bird, and Pepper and she LOVES to dance!

I celebrated my 23rd birthday on July 15th! I am so blessed to have the chance to say I've made it another year! I've beat CF and the overcome the blockades it's placed in my path. They said I'd never see 12, I did. They said I'd never see 16, I did. They said I'd never see 18, I did. Then they said I'd never see 21, but now I'm 23! I've made it so far and fought through so much and I will be here to see my 24th birthday, my 25th, my 30th, my 40th, and beyond! I have so much living left to do and I am going to do it!

I was also so blessed with the chance to visit with my sisters and foster mom. It had been nearly a year since I'd last seen them and despite having an EXTREMELY busy schedule, they were able to make some time to come down to North Carolina from Minnesota and spend a few days at the beach with me! It was a truly incredible time and one that I will for ever cherish and have memories of.

Sitting on the beach, splashing in the waves, digging sand castles, burying each other in the sand, seeing sharks just a few hundred feet from shore, seeing jelly fish swimming, watching pelicans dive for fish...
 

Taking tons of photos together, getting manicures and pedicures, walking the boardwalk, shopping, picking out sister bracelets, getting caught in a thunderstorm, going to see the Minion movie in 3D, going to the Aloha Safari Zoo and feeding the rescued animals! But the best part was just being near some of the most important people in my life. The only people missing from this incredible beach vacation were my brother, Ryan, and foster dad, Chad. Hopefully, I can make it up to Minnesota soon to see them too!



I guess that may be one thing I can thank Cystic Fibrosis for. I've learned to value the time I have with the ones I love because I will never know how much time I'm going to have with them. I've learned to not sweat the small stuff and to take life as it comes. Tomorrow will never be promised and yesterday will never come again. Laughter is one of the best medicines and there's no such thing as laughing too much!

I am still in school. I am currently attending Colorado Technical University online (CTU) for accounting, which I LOVE! Because it's online, I can still keep up with all my classes and homework when I am in the hospital (or at the beach :)) and the instructors are incredible! I have been able to maintain my 4.0 GPA and have tested out of several classes. 
Life is so great right now and I am so happy and so blessed to have the things and people I have in my life. God is so good and so kind to me. I will continue my prayers for all my friends and family who may be struggling with any type of hardship. I pray that God guides you and brings you the strength and courage you need to get through it.
I hope everyone has an incredible weekend! Much love until next time! 

PS. I will try to update again before another three to four months pass by!

Amber



"There are people in my life who I swear are angels who were born without wings."



No comments:

Post a Comment