Friday, April 17, 2015

Life Is Grand

Oh gosh... Its been awhile again! So much has happened since my last update.

December: I ended up going into my local ER in December with a 104.8 degree fever and 84% oxygen level. After drawing labs and blood cultures, giving me some O2 through a nasal cannula, and some pain and nausea medication, they sent me home with a 99.8 degree fever and O2 level of 89-91%. Several days later I received a call that my blood cultures came back positive for a fungal infection. After calling UNC, I was admitted to the hospital on a Saturday night through the ER. They determined the infection was caused from my Port-a-cath. Sunday morning they removed my port. I spent 2 weeks on an antifungal to kill the infection.

I was blessed to spend part of Christmas with my family as well as some really awesome friends.

January: January was a fairly quiet month. My brother, Lucas, went back home to Minnesota. 

I ended up back in the hospital at the end of January through the beginning of February with a CF exacerbation. 

February: Over Valentine's Day, I found out I was pregnant! Unfortunately, less than five days after this amazing news, I began to miscarry... This news was, and still is, devastating and painful. We've always wanted children and have been trying for a while, but we're not giving up hope. It's all in God's hands.

Dad ended up being taken to the hospital via ambulance for what we thought was a heart attack. He spent the night and was diagnosed with a chest infection and high cholesterol, but it's still a mystery as to what is wrong with his heart. He's slowly starting to get back to "normal."

March:My first nephew, Grady Theodore, was born March 13th at 2:52pm at the Buffalo Hospital in Buffalo, MN. Daddy is my brother, Lucas and momma is the beautiful miss Kristen. He weighed 7 pounds and 10 ounces, 20.5 inches long.

I was also in the hospital again. After waiting  for 7 hours in the ER waiting area, I was finally called back to an ER room. After waiting another 5 hours, I got a room in the hospital. I was sating 92% on 2 liters of O2, resting heart rate was above 140.  I was put on a combination of 3 IV antibiotics and an extra oral antibiotic on top of my maintenance antibiotic and my inhaled antibiotics. I spent a little time in an ICU stepdown and was discharged after 2 weeks.

April: So far, April has been a good month. This past weekend was spent at Holden Beach with some friends. It was amazing! We saw some dolphins feasting on a school of fish, I got a little burnt, and the boys went fishing. This last Tuesday, the 14th, I ventured out of North Carolina to visit some friends in Michigan. I will be here until later next week. 


I hope to update more often. I know I say that quite often, but I do intend to be better! Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment