Saturday, November 8, 2014

Figuring Out Life

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! I am sitting with three awesome kiddos while their parents are at a dinner party. They're watching funny videos right now and its so fun to see how they think and interact. It reminds me just how badly I want to have kids someday!

Since my last post I have been back to clinic for a post-hospital follow-up. I was pretty nervous about how that appointment would go, but it turned out to be pretty ok. My PFTs were stable! Weight is down again. They want me to try getting my tube feeds increased again to help me gain more weight more quickly. Being under 100 pounds is definitely not something I enjoy and its not healthy for me in the least. Having low body weight can affect lung functions and does not allow the body to fight off infections as easily. Before leaving the doctors office, I was given an xray and labs were drawn to check my CBC and metabolic panels. My xray showed slight improvement and lab work was a little off so they want to recheck next week to make sure I am stable. Overall, it was a fairly satisfying appointment. 

Last night, I was blessed to enjoy a bon fire with some friends. It was a good time and I am even more blessed to be able to do the same tonight after babysitting. I feel so fortunate to be able to experience the company of some very wonderful friends! 

I have also been so thankful to have been able to spend some much missed time with my little brother, Lucas! I am so happy he's come down to North Carolina to stay with us for a short period of time. And now since I have the approval, I can let everyone know I am going to be an AUNTIE! Lucas is going to be having a son sometime between the end of February and the beginning of March! Lucas and the baby's mother, Kristen, have chosen the first name Bentley and are still thinking about a middle name. 

There's been a lot of stuff going on in my personal life that I am needing to make some big changes/decisions about. I do not feel that I can go into much detail at this moment, but I will definitely let y'all know when I am comfortable with those changes or decisions. I can tell you that I am going to be doing some soul searching and thinking hard about what is in my own best interest. I've always felt life quality is more important than quantity and I need to be sure I am doing everything I can to keep myself happy and healthy so I can enjoy life. 

I hope everyone has a good night and I will update again when I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment