Wednesday, June 18, 2014

O! I'm Positive!

Blood Type: O Positive
Hey y'all! I'm still in the hospital. I received a second embolization on Monday after major bleeding over the weekend which required a blood transfusion. The first embolization I had (last Monday) was successful; however, there were a few areas that were overlooked/missed which is why the second one was necessary.

Right after my second embolization
So far, I have not had anymore blood! Today I will begin slowly reintroducing my nebulized medications. If that goes well and does not promote hemoptysis, I will try a less intense airway clearance. Then we'll go from there. Ultimately, the goal is to have zero bleeding and having me return home either Thursday evening or Friday.

Justin came to see the evening
of my embolization.
I am hopeful that once I am feeling better, I will be able to have better control over my blood sugars again. Currently they are all over the place! I will have a sugar or 375 and a few hours later it'll be down to 30. I had a 26 two evenings ago. That was probably the worst feeling I've experienced in quite a while. I was extremely weak and tired, it was difficult to hold up my head, and on top of it all I was so nauseous that just thinking about putting anything in my mouth made me gag. I had to be given an amp of D50 to bring my sugar back up to 98.

I cannot wait to get home! I am so homesick this admission. I miss my puppies and my piggy SO MUCH! I miss sleeping in my own bed. Falling asleep and staying asleep are both extremely difficult in the hospital which makes me extremely tired throughout the day. I'll be most excited to get this IV out of my chest so I can take a LEGIT shower without worrying about getting my dressing wet!
Word I associate with
summer 2014
I love quote pictures.
Just doodles
Stencil Trace
To pass the time lately, I've been doing a lot of drawing and doodling. I've done so many things that I now need to replace all of my fairly new drawing pens. I'm waiting to see if my local craft store will have the ones I am looking for before I decide to order them off of Amazon. I also need to get another binder to hold my creations as the one I have is overflowing! It usually takes me a while to fill these binders up because I tend to be very self critical and somewhat of a perfectionist. I often times will make, what I feel, is a tiny mistake and then decide to start over completely even if I am nearly finished.
I don't really have one specific style of art that I stick to. I like to experiment with and practice other forms of art. Many times my works tell a story or describe an emotion. I've used art as a coping/distraction tool ever since I was little to ease boredom and work through my depression and mood disorders. I like to fill my hospital walls with my art work that I complete while inpatient. Most of the time I create inspirational quote pictures when I am in the hospital. My pictures at home are different combinations of quotes, emotions, and stories.

Another stencil

If y'all see anything you like or would like me to do something for you or someone you know, send me a message or comment below. Making things for other people is my favorite! Also, if you would like to see more of my work let me know as well. I can dedicate an entire blog post to things I've completed or that I am still working on. (This would also give me the push I need to organize the pictures I have shoveled into my art binder!)

This one is from a few months ago
Well, I guess that's about all I've got for now. I hope y'all have a blessed and fantastic day!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment