Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's One Helluva Life

Hey y'all! Just updating on my current health status. After being discharged on IV antibiotics May 30th, I was admitted again via ER on June 5th due to massive hemoptysis. I was in ICU for 2 days and I am now on my regular "CF" floor. Over the past week, I have had several CT scans of my chest, ultrasounds of my arms, shoulders, neck, and legs, chest and abdominal x-rays, and a Bronchial Artery Embolization.

Results:
  • CT scans showed two new Pulmonary Embolisms (PEs/blood clots) in my lungs.
  • Ultrasounds showed old and new clots and something the doctors need to wait for the radiologist to look into more. (I'll update about this when I find out)
  • X-rays showed two tubular objects in the lower left side of my lungs, possibly mucus plugs, and abdominal film looked fairly good.
  • Bronchial Artery Embolization stopped the hemoptysis! I'm still pretty sore from this procedure though.
They are repeating CT and x-ray later this week. PFT are dependent on how I feel.

Bacon sleeping with Mator
On a happier note: We got a PIG! Oink! ;) Bacon (Justin chose his name) is our miniature potbelly pig. He is absolutely adorable! He LOVES Mator and Mator is very tolerant of Bacon's piglet nature.
Bacon is 6 weeks old. He was born April 27. He weights about 4 pounds and eats 1/2 cup of food a day.
He is potty trained to either go in his litter box or to go outside with the dogs. He was the fastest potty trainer EVER! It took just a single day to train him!
Its rather comical to watch him as he follows Mator or Diesel around the yard, his tail wagging. He thinks he's a dog! Bacon loves to play with the dog toys as well!
We'll ask Mator, "Where's your piggy?" And he'll immediately jump up and start looking for Bacon.

Unfortunately, we no longer have Dixie. She is better suited for a one dog home. Her new family is with a younger couple and their 18 month old son. We were sad to see her go, but also happy she is with a good family!

Diesel at 5.5 months
Diesel at 3 months
Baby Diesel is doing great! He just hit 6 months old this month! He is growing like CRAZY! His last weight was 44 lbs! And he likes to be a lazy bum. We have to push him a little sometimes to get him going, but once he's outside playing fetch he'll go for hours! He's still getting use to his BIG feet and often trips over them when he's running after the ball, but that doesn't stop him!


Me and Lucas 2009

I also want to say HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY to my baby brother, Lucas! He will be turning 20 on MONDAY! No longer a teenager! Lucas and I have always been really close, and I am so sad I cannot be with him on his birthday this year! <3


That's all I've got for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment