Sunday, February 23, 2014

Home, MOVING, Health, and..... (wait for it....) PUPPIES!

Hey y'all!

I just wanted to give a quick update. I have been in the hospital 18 days now. And I just have today left until I get outta here tomorrow!!! This will be my last hospitalization with the University of MN because, as I mentioned in my previous post, I will be moving to North Carolina to join my husband, Justin, who is stationed at the army base in Fort Bragg. 

I've still been running lower grade temperatures on and off, but the CF team doesn't seem too worried about it. I am FINALLY off the insulin drip and back on my insulin pump, which I am SO thrilled with! They no longer have to check my blood sugar every hour! (A huge PLUS in my mind!) 

Weight is still a huge issue. Yesterday, I was up four pounds from admission, but I some how managed to lose three between yesterday and today. Eating has been a challenge lately, even with the foods I enjoy, because I have been experiencing horrible nausea. I am currently on two different anti emetics to try and keep the nauseous, vomiting feelings at bay. 

I had PFTs on Thursday. They were the same as last week. I am not sure if they plan on repeating them before I am discharged tomorrow. I have been rather disappointed in my recent PFT numbers as my baseline has been slowly decreasing over the past six months to a year. I used to be able to reach the high 70s to low 80s a little over a year ago. Now I am lucky to hit mid 50s. I am hoping the move to North Carolina will be beneficial to my lung status. Since I will be so much closer to the ocean, the saltier air may help with clearing more mucus. 

I was on FaceTime with Justin when he told he had gotten me a wedding present... When I asked what it was, he put a PUPPY in front of the camera!
 I am so excited to get down to NC and meet my new baby boy! We agreed on the name Diesel. (which my brother, Lucas, was pretty happy about.) He is a Hound with mixed bloodlines. He is the CUTEST little thing. And has been driving Justin nuts as he didn't realize all of the patience and work that goes into having a puppy. I told him it was good practice for having children in the future; he didn't find that too exciting. 

Mator will be glad to have a playmate when he gets down to NC, too! I think the two of them will be best friends. Even though we have another dog now, Mator will always be my baby! I have looked to him for comfort throughout some rough times and he has (and never will) fail me. They say dogs are woMANS' best friend... They couldn't be more right! Mator knows when I am sick, he knows when I'm upset, and he is there EVERY time giving love and showing affection. So much of my strength and drive and fight come from just having him and knowing he's there. 
Well, that's all for now... I'll update some more later on! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! <3 And thank you to everyone who's been so supportive!

No comments:

Post a Comment