Friday, February 28, 2014

Absolutely Crazy, Wonderful, Terrifying, Scary Life

So, I was supposed to leave for North Carolina yesterday (Thursday) evening; however, due to the unexpected blood clot I formed in my left arm from the midline I had for my three weeks of IV antibiotics, I ended up going into the ER on Tuesday evening. Just a day after being discharged from the hospital. I wasn't going to go get checked out, but after having fevers above 101.8 for nearly 12 hours that wouldn't go down even with Tylenol, and after reaching a high fever of 103.6 I decided I'd better go in as I was also having pain in my left arm. I initially thought it might be an infection caused by the midline, but it turned out to be a massive and extensive DVT (clot) spanning from just above my elbow to the base of my neck. I am so thankful to my little brother, Ryan, who picked me up and brought me in.

After determining the severity of the clot, the doctors decided I needed an immediate IV Heparin (blood thinner) drip continuously and they transferred me back down to the U of MN. 

At this point I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to make it down to North Carolina to baby Diesel, but my amazing doctors were able to get me out this morning with blood thinning shots that I take twice a day! 

So, the parents and older brother and I shipped off this morning and we are currently driving through Indiana, after 9.5 hours of driving! I am so proud of my handsome boy, Mator! He's doing so well. This is his first extended car ride. 

Thanks to y'all who've been keeping me in your prayers and thoughts! They so not go unappreciated! 

I'll update again once I get down to NC and get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment