Friday, November 2, 2012

When it rains, it pours...

Sorry, it's been so long since my last post. Things have been crazy. So much is happening and I don't know where to start....

Gramma has been given a not so good prognosis. She's got CHF, Renal Failure, Neoplasm of the Bladder, and the cancer has spread to her bones. As of right now I don't know how this will turn out, but I don't think it will be very well. We had a surprise for her a few Saturdays ago. Sort of a mini family reunion type thing. She loved it! It was wonderful to see her beautiful smile all afternoon.  Please, say a prayer for her as she begins Chemotherapy today.

Overall, the morale of the Zitzloff household is pretty low...  Everyone seems to be stressed about one thing or another. We're all just trying to keep on tuggin' along, but since money is tight at the moment everyone is on edge about how the winter will pan out. 

My brother, Lucas, was in a car accident last night with one of his friends. He ended up with a broken Femur and will be going into surgery shortly to get a rod placed to help the bone heal. His friend, the driver, from what I've been told, is alright. He has no memory of the accident or of his day prior to the crash, but is at home. His car was totaled, but everyone is thankful both boys are ok and neither will have any permanent injuries. 

I had a day full of doctors' appointments yesterday. PFTs and weight dropped slightly, but he wasn't too concerned. However, he did start me on Prednisone for joint pain which he think is caused from inflammation. (My inflammatory markers were pretty elevated.) On a positive note, my endocrinologist  gave me the approval to start driving again!!! :D YAY! 

I was also chosen for "Student of the Quarter" at school for last quarter! This did come as a bit of a surprise for me because I did miss quite a lot of class last quarter being in the hospital. I was nominated by several instructors because of my perseverance and hard work in the classroom as well as consistently keeping on top of all my school work and keeping in touch with those involved.   

I will do my best to keep you all updated more often! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment