Sunday, September 9, 2012

These Four Walls

Lately, I feel like I am living inside the same four walls. The walls are gray, they are hospital walls. Decorated with pictures from the ones I treasure most... My little sisters. The pictures make it seem like the walls are not closing in as fast. Bright colors of pink and orange and blue surround me and take me back to my adolescent years. A time when I wished I was "all-grown-up," but now that I am growing up it seems like it is going too fast. These are the times I look at my little sisters and wish I could go back. Back to innocence, when the only worry in the world was whether or not someone was going to take my favorite toy. 

Growing is fun, but when you have Cystic Fibrosis it is also very scary because as you get older, you become sicker... Lung function starts to decrease, organs start to fail, and spirits start to dwindle. You try so hard to keep up with everyday life and you want so much to be "normal," but when you try to do these things, sometimes, you forget how important it is to still take care of your health. CF does not give vacations and it does not take breaks. It is a constant struggle to stay healthy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment